Sunday, October 21, 2012

Surf's Up




After a few days of Ouja going on and on about the waves in Bali, I decided to wake up in the early am to see my girl in live surfing action. Nick, Christie, Ouja and I went to a "secret beach" in Bali- as indicated by the sign posted right outside of the gravelly road leading to the crystalline waves rolling in its backyard. While it may not have been a secret any longer, a great stretch of it was nearly deserted, lending this unnamed oasis a tranquility and intimacy rare for an island this populated. I set up camp with my Kindle reader and played photographer, watching my girl do her thang with great marvel and pride, deciding to just save my surfing skills for another day. Instead, I spent my time inhaling the ocean salt clinging thickly to the air and watching my skin go salmon to pink.


Itchin' to hit the water
Paddling Out
Baby munchkin!!!!!!!!

apparently camels love the waves as much as the locals do!
morning catch
Checking out my toesies


An offering to the gods
rays of light
hang ten, baby


abs!
Surfer ladies (exluding me)
Buddha is our homeboy
sun-kissed
yo yo ma
Foxy lady

No comments: